20190806 NAS Latest Press Release Imminent Military Offensive on NAS positions
Intelligence reports suggest Kiir's Matiang Angor are planning to attack NAS positions in the three (3) axis of Jebel Lado and Tereka on the western bank of the Nile; and Mangalla on the eastern bank. These planned operations are intended to divert of the people of South Sudan and the international community from Kiir and his entire government's failure to bring deliver basic services and bring about a just, inclusive and sustainable peace in the country.
20190803 NAS Latest Press Release On Remarks by Governor of Yei River State
In an effort to tarnish NAS's human rights record, the Governor of Yei River State Mr. Emmanuel Adil Anthony made claims accusing NAS soldiers of killing two Ugandan nationals in Longamere, South of Yei town. This press release refutes the claim.
20190801 Press Release on report that Government and NAS to begin peace talks soon
The National Salvation Front (NAS) notes with concern report made by Radio Tamazuj on 31st July 2019, attributed to H.G the Archbishop of Episcopal Church of South Sudan (ECSS) for Internal Province of Central Equatoria State, Paul Yugusuk that Government and NAS is to begin peace talks by next month.
20190723 NAS Latest Press Release On attack on NAS forces in Lobonok CES
July 27, 2019
Kiir's Militia, bodyguards of VP Wani Igga and some SPLM-IO elements attacked forces of NAS forces stationed at Lo'bonok, Karpeto in Central Equatoria State. In their defense, the heroic and revolution forces of NAS managed to repulse the attackers, forcing them to retreat in disarray.
20190709 NAS Independence Day Message on 8th Anniversary
July 9th 2019 - Address by the Chairman and Commander-in-Chief of National Salvation Front/Army (NAS) to the People of South Sudan on the 8th Anniversary of South Sudan's lndependence.
20190423 Press Release on the looming military offensive by Kiir's militia
- Massive military build-up to attack NAS positions
- This build-up is the second of its kind after the first attempt was successfully resisted, crashed and neutralised by forces who only fought back in self-defense
- NAS reiterates its commitment to the Cessation of Hostilities Agreement (CoHA) but reserves the right of self-defense and remains steadfast in its call for a just and sustainable peace through an inclusive negotiation that addresses the root causes of the conflict in South Sudan.
20190527 Press Release of Juba's violation of CoHA and the relocation and redeployment of forces around Lainya and Wonduruba
- Mathiang Anyoor, with its affiliates under Dr. Martin Elia, has been actively relocation and reploying forces around Lainya and Wounduruba areas
- These actions are utterly contrary to the Cessation of Hostilities Agreement (CoHA) which binds us as signatories to that agreement
- On 26th May, these forces attacked, but the gallant NAS forces repulsed the attack and defeated the Mathiang Anyoor and their allied militia groups
20170803 Statemet on SPLM IO attack of forces under Lt. Gen. Kenyi Lo Buron
The National Salvation Front (NAS) is profoundly disturbed by the recent attack carried out by SPLM-IO on its forces under Lt. Gen. John Kenyi Lo Buron. The irresponsible and reckless attack by a segment of SPLM-IO forces was triggered by Lt. Gen. Lo Buron’s exercise of his inalienable right of choice to join NAS. In utter disregard of the core principle that “each human being is free to determine his or her political destiny or military affiliation”, the SPLM-IO leadership ordered the attack on Lt. Gen. Kenyi’s General Headquarters with the intention of eliminating him – where he successfully repulsed two attacks.
20170723 Press Release On the Government’s Strategy of Peace through War
The National Salvation Front (NAS) would like to commend the Trioka (Norway, the United Kingdom, and the United States) and the European Union for their 20th July 2017 joint statement that expressed deep dissatisfaction and disapproval of actions and punitive measures being actively pursued by President Salva Kiir's regime leading to the proliferation of violence, displacement, food insecurity and more suffering of the people of South Sudan.
20170709 Independence Day Message, 9th July 2017
Independence Day Message, 9th July 2017
Eleven long years since that day in 2005 when the Comprehensive Peace Agreement (CPA) was signed in Naivasha, and six cruel years since the dawn of independence broke in South Sudan on 9th July 2011, we should have been celebrating a day of great joy...